Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The wonder of time


I feel like I have been beginning most of my blogs lately with an apology because I haven't been writing. I find myself at times feeling guilty for not writing, because I know that there are things that need to be released, but I have been so busy lately...that my blog seems to have been what has been left out of the mix. Unfortunately, it has taken its toll on me, and there are moments when I feel saturated and in need of expression. So here I am :-)

Timing...It is a compelling phenomenon to consider, due to the fact that whenever bad things happen to people, they constantly say "bad timing..." and vice versa when great things happen. We aren't of the awareness that the timing of events could be in fact greatly linked to the prospect of lesson learning and opportunities to gain insight into experiences.

For myself, and as I look back on last year and all that it entailed, or every single time that I find myself tested by the world and feeling like there are speed bumps everywhere around me in my life, I think of it as "bad timing." I review the mentality over in my mind of, when it rains it pours, and almost find myself feeling like the victim to the world's power.

But as I reflect further, I consider a dear friend of mine who has found herself in a dilemma. She is on the verge of losing a family member while studying very hard for an important exam in her life, an exam that will determine her career. She already felt preoccupied by the demands placed on her academically, and when this emotional component was added into her mix, she found herself saying "bad timing, or is it the worst?" When I am determined to look at it from another point of view.

I see her position here and immediately hope that she can as soon as possible see this as a chance that the world is giving her. It isn't bad timing, for I don't necessarily think bad timing exists. I think of events occurring as more of a consistent opportunity for learning. They are seeds embedded in our bodies and minds to potentially allow us to gain perspective and stop living a life that is focused so inward.

So for myself, when I feel overwhelmed by negative experience and feel like I keep being bombarded by life's tragedy, I consider that it might be just another lesson and it eases the initial impulse of selfish thinking.

No comments: