Saturday, August 9, 2008

An orgasm in my heart


I have 4 new wonderful friends. They entered into my life quite unexpectedly during an event that the hotel that I work for was hosting. It was a pretty cool multi day music festival featuring new and upcoming artists who perform a small set of songs in an attempt to promote themselves further and potentially sign with a label. Well, I worked some of this event, and on the final day, one particular band caught my ear. After hearing the band practicing before the function started for the day, the lead singer brushed by me and I immediately complemented him on his sound. He was very nice but the conversation didn't proceed much further beyond that. After the function ended, the band was seated on a couch discussing how they were going to spend their last day in Boulder before their flight that evening.

I suggested spending time on Pearl Street which is the main road which runs down the center of downtown with a wonderful pedestrian mall, I suggested a hike, or swimming in Boulder creek. Well, they were intrigued by my third offer, and invited me to come along. They seemed like wonderful people, so I invited them to my home and then we would go from there. They came over and after coming to my house found that it offered everything they needed: a creek in the backyard, a piano, guitars, and a landmark for food delivery. So we decided to stay and enjoy the afternoon.

Our conversations together turned toward romance and within five minutes, I was disovering that these men were so full of love and compassion for their respective partners. One of the men in particular was telling us how he met his wife and while the story in and of itself was interesting and unique in its own right, he made a comment that stuck with me much more heavily. He described meeting her as experiencing an orgasm in his heart. And it made me realize that those words were the best description of love that I had ever heard. He nailed it and felt it whole heartedly.

It made me realize that true love sends you on this fantastic emotional journey that takes you and your heart places you never dreamed. It made me realize that during this time in my life, I should be patient and wait for that. I don't need to spend my time worrying that love won't come my way or questioning why it hasn't, I need to trust that it will enter my life and change me.

Love is such a miraculous thing and it is everywhere. That entire afternoon was filled with love. And each day is as well, it doesn't all have to exist in the ways of romance. Love exists within friendships and even between strangers. A simple hello, assisting someone across the street, or volunteering your time to help another. Think about incorporating love into your life as much as you can. For when you give it, it will be returned.

1 comment:

dane said...

awesome posting , geeb