Wednesday, July 23, 2008

friends


I have found a magnificent new friend. I stumbled onto this gem of a woman through common work areas, and then coincidentally moved into a home that I didn't realize she inhabited. Love coincidences like that. Aside from sharing a beautiful and serene abode (http://files.gluedtomyseat.com/GreersHome.mov), we have started an incredible journey together. She is one of those people that you meet in your life, and you just have that feeling in your heart that no matter what happens and no matter where life leads you, the two of you will always be there for each other.
In the first few weeks that we lived together, our wonderful commonality was that we were genuinely spread too thin in the workplace. Jumping from each job stepping stone to the next, we constantly found ourselves saying a quick hello here and there and a quick good night at the end of an exhausting day.
Then we got an opportunity to talk. I was allowed into her world. She let her gate down, and welcomed me into the diversity of her life. This is a woman who has overwhelmed life's tragedy, family incongruencies, romantic burns and come out on the other end as a truly beautiful soul. She shares with me the insecurities of her mind and seeks advice when needed. It is amazing how wonderfully she blends being both a leader and a follower, one who shares and one who listens. She fills me with peace and shows me that despite life's turns and devastating speed bumps, there is hope.
We have a beautiful dynamic, I know that I can count on her to relax my mind, we can share each other's days just in the comfort of our kitchen with no expectation. Additionally, she listens. It is important...so important to listen to the world around you. We are at very similar places in our lives with allowing life to lead us, paying attention to what the world presents and using it to our advantage. She craves contribution as I do. She craves substance as I do. She craves knowledge as I do. I love that not only have I found this great person in my life, but I am honored that I get to live with her!

On the anniversary of her 30th year, I wish her the most glorious of days. May she lavish herself in comfort and find warmth in the people around her. She is beautiful, strong, and deserves absolutely everything good that comes her way.

No comments: